- Type of activity
- Contracting authority
- Method of Procurement
Open call for tender - External Actions - Part II Title IV NFR
23/02/1994 - 23/10/1995
FICHTNER GMBH & CO KG
- Project / Budget year
- WW9204 REGIONAL NUCLEAR SAFETY / 1992
- WW9103 Energy / 1991
In the framework of the TACIS 1992 programme the European Commission and the Ukrainian authorities agreed to improve the operational safety of South Ukraine, Rovno and Zaporozhe nuclear power plants (NPPs) through the supply of urgently needed spare parts for foreign supplied original safety-related equipment and systems.
EU NPP operators (Utilities) had assisted the Ukrainian counterpart in the identification of the spare parts required.
The European Commission contracted the services of a Procurement Agent (PA) to manage the entire procurement procedure for the purchase of the spare parts and to carry out the activities described below to ensure the necessary transparency of the procurement procedure.
The tasks of the Procurement Agent were as follows:
- Prepare a Procurement Plan: On the basis of information to be provided by the Utilities (list of spare parts, list of possible suppliers, general approach and methodology), the PA would prepare a Procurement Plan for the achievement of the procurement. The Procurement Plan was submitted to the EC for approval.
- Prepare and dispatch written requests for offers from suppliers based on the information provided by the Utilities.
- Carry out informal market consultation according to EC supply contract procedure recommendations.
- Conduct negotiations according to the EC instructions and Utility recommendations.
- Prepare contracts on behalf of the Commission and arrange shipment of the equipment to its destination in Ukraine.
- Expedite deliveries and liaise with the Utilities on delivery, quality and inspection issues.
- Resolve all queries and disputes with suppliers.
- Receive and check suppliers’ invoices and effect payments to suppliers from the account set up for the purpose.
- Obtain invoices from the suppliers along with other documents proving origin, quantity, quality and safe delivery to the final destination.
- Obtain from the Utility statements of conformity for payment to the supplier.
- Verify the correctness of all documents.
- Forward to EC all relevant information
- Make the relevant payments to the suppliers.