The objective of the project is to analyse the safety improvement by increasing the quality and availability of the information provided to plant operators and engineers, as well as to other decision-makers in order to finally make the right decisions in the shortest time.
The objective was divided into the following tasks:
- Task 1: Description and evaluation of the crisis organization in Russia;
- Task 2: Assessment of the communication means for Russian NPP;
- Task 3.A: Description and evaluation of local crisis management on Russian NPP;
- Task 3.B, 3.C: Drawing up a Safety Panel general specification;
- Task 3.D: Assessment of Kalinin NPP Safety Parameter Display System (SPDS) data acquisition;
- Task 3.E: Setting up a Mock-up specification.
Presentation of the Safety Panels to the License Organization
The tasks as given above have been executed successfully. With this result the basis has been laid to proceed with further projects:
- R2.03/93 - SPDS in control room;
- R1.03/95D - Replacement of information system, SPDS supply and implementation in KALININ NPP (Phase 3);
- R2.04/95 - Overall operational information feedback system;
- R2.01/95 - Supply of a SPDS to Rosenergoatom crisis centre and technical support for implementation.