- Type of activity
Technical Support Organisations
- Contracting authority
- Method of Procurement
Direct Agreement & AV DA
03/11/1998 - 03/01/2001
Armenian Nuclear Regulatory Authority (ANRA)
RISKAUDIT IRSN-GRS INTERNATIONAL GEIE
- Project / Budget year
WW9715 Nuclear Safety 1997 / 1997
The overall objective of the project is to support and strengthen the Armenian Nuclear Regulatory Authority (ANRA). The specific objectives are:
- To assist ANRA in the licensing of Medzamor Unit 2 safety improvement measures to be financed by TACIS in the framework of the On Site Assistance (OSA) TACIS project (A1.01/96)
- To confirm the transfer of know-how to ANRA on operational safety.
The project is divided in the following tasks:
- Task 1: Licensing of the replacement of the pressurizer safety valves.
- Task 2: Licensing of the replacement of the steam generators safety valves and the main steam isolation valves.
- Task 3: Analysis of the operational safety upgrading programme
- Task 4: Licensing of the new Essential Service Water System.
The tasks 1, 2 and 4 were fulfilled and ANRA received technical support from Western experts for the licensing of the new pressurizer safety valves, steam generators safety valves, main steam isolation valves and Essential Service Water System. The task 3 was cancelled.
The Western experts participated in the following steps:
- Analysis of the new equipment technical specifications (in the frame of the previous project AR/TS/01)
- Analysis of the thermo-hydraulic and mechanical studies performed by the licensee for the chosen technical solutions
- Analysis of the impact of the modifications on the operational documentations.
This technical support resulted in recommendations for ANRA, concerning actions needed before the commissioning of the modifications, after the commissioning but in a short term and after commissioning in a medium term. The main recommendations dealt with the implementation of the Cold Overpressure Protection device, the implementation of a “feed and bleed” procedure and the installation of restraints for the steam lines.